Herbal Teas to make your Sleep Better
Have you ever experienced fragmented sleep or insomnia? These can take a toll on your daily activities and productivity. In the absence of these problems, many things going through your mind can simply make sleeping almost impossible. Sleep is very vital to your body, and mind has cellular regeneration happens when you are in the dream land. The recommended hours for a good sleep are at least 6 hours, but at times achieving this seems like a luxury.
Other activities or habits that can impact your sleep quality are exercising few hours to bed time, drinking alcohol, sugary drinks or caffeine before bed can alter sleep. Here are some natural drinks that can improve your sleep quality.
- Turmeric tea: boiling a tea spoon of the golden root and spice the taste with honey can make you sleep better. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help your gut and boost your immune health.
- Green Tea: Matcha green tea or green tea contains antioxidants beneficial to your body, brew a teaspoon in hot water and enjoy this goodness.
- Chamomile: Chamomile tea is known to help one get a good sleep as it calms the nerve. People who have suffered from insomnia swear by its ability to make them sleep well.
- Valerian root: This unique plant is believed to be sedative and helps with anxiety. So if work stress or other issues is affecting your sleep, you might want to try this out.
- Passionflower: This flower may not be the first that comes to mind when thinking of herbal tea, but it does helps you get quality sleep when taking towards bed time.
- Fruit infused water: This will come handy for individuals addicted to taking sugary drinks. A dice of mixed fruit in a glass of water for 30 minutes will keep you hydrated. Also, your body gets to enjoy the antioxidants and vitamins present in the fruit.