Photo credit: Goggle
In vitro fertilization (IVF) involves combining eggs and sperm outside the body in a laboratory. Once the egg is fertilized or an embryo is formed, it is then placed in the uterus (womb).
This procedure has become popular among Nigerians as a way of increasing women or couples chances of being a parent(s).
Due to high complexity involved in the procedure, Dr Joseph Nelson, a Gynecologist and Naturopath shares some tips on things to do before starting an IVF procedure.
- Detoxification: This helps to remove toxins and acidity from your body.
- Change your diet and lifestyle: Make sure you eat more of fruits and vegetables. Avoid too much carbs and remove processed and junk foods from your diet.
- Understand your body rhythm: Eat at a particular time, go to bed at a particular time. Train your body to relax and manage anxiety by practicing deep breathing technique.
- Take a table spoon of coconut oil daily.
- Take supplements like myo inositol, folic acid or royal jelly, etc.