Photo credit: Google.
Micronutrients are essential nutrients needed by the body in small amounts for immune functions, production of energy, growth and other important functions.
They are vitamins and minerals gotten from food because they are not produced by the body. They can be gotten from whole food such as fruit and vegetables, whole grains, proteins or taken as a supplement.
Here are some essential nutrients and their functions;
- Vitamin A: For tissue repair.
- Vitamin B1/12: For cell recovery.
- Vitamin C: For collagen production, antioxidants.
- Vitamin D: For cell formation.
- Vitamin E: Antioxidants, anti aging.
- Vitamin K: Strengthen tissues/cells.
- Zinc: Immune booster, collagen.
- Iron: Tissue repair.