6 Common Protein Rich Fruit
Fruit are mostly consumed because of the vitamins, minerals and fibers; when you are looking for a protein source, fruit is the last thing that comes to mind. Some fruit have considerable amount of this macronutrient, and eating them make it a plus nutrient to your diet.
Let's take a look at some high protein fruit,
- Guava: This tropical fruit is loaded with benefits, it is a good source of vitamin C and other essential minerals. It is one of the most protein rich fruit to come by, you can get about 4.2 grams of protein in a cup of guava. From the skin to the seed are loaded with goodness, when next you are eating one, remember this!
- Avocado: Avocado is another fruit that is enjoyed in numerous way; from spread to salad, this brighlty colored fruit is not just laoded with healthy fat, but also rich in protein. you can get about 3 grams of sliced avocado in a cup, and 4.6 grams when mashed.
- Blackberries and raspberries: Berries are amazing source of antioxidants, but not all berries are rich source of protein. However, blackberries contains about 2 grams of protein in a cup, and raspberries as about 1.5 grams in a cup. You can enjoy these berries by snacking alone or add them to your favorite cereal for breakfast or yogurt.
- Bananas: Bananas are also berries in their own right, this fruit is a rich source of potassium and a good energy source during work out. A medium size bananas offers about 1.3 grams of protein.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is a citrus fruit and contains huge amount of vitamin C, a medium size of this delicious fruit contains 1.6 grams of protein.
- Oranges: Oranges is another citrus and high vitamin C fruit, one medium size orange contains 1.2 grams of protein. To enjoy all the nutrients of this fruit instead of juicing them, eat them.